🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Summer Trip To Usa

Options
Dear All
Happy new "moneysaving" year.
I learnt a lot and saved a lot from this website last year. thank you everyone.
Is there away to get cheap flights in the usa as we are planning to go this summer and would like to visit at least 3 states in the usa.

The plan is to go to newyork via cheapest flight possible -probably virgin and then find a way to get to Cleveland for a week, and then florida for a week
all suggestions will be appreciated.
MEDICAL

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Almost all flights to the USA in the summer will be expensive; especially during the school holidays; it is rare to get scheduled flights under £600 each(including tax). It doesn't cost that much more to have a multi-city trip, say UK - New York - Cleveland Florida - UK. but that would probably be better with a major american airline like AA.

If you are just touring you might consider getting a car and driving from NY to Florida via Cleveland - a long way but you will get to see a lot of the USA.
  • nelly_2
    nelly_2 Posts: 17,863 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why you going to Cleveland?

I seriously hope it cos your going to Cedar point, which is the best place on planet earth hands down..........head back and hold on ;)

We went from Niagara to Cleveland by greyhound very good and amazingly cheap.

In fact Newyork, Cleveland and Florida is possibly a theme park fest if I'm guessing corectly. If it is about the parks then I'm yer man we have just done all the best parks in these places in the last year or so, I'll add all I can if this is the case. let me know.
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you're looking for cheapest flight, don't do virgin. I assume you're going from London? (Virgin fly LON-NYC) if so, fly Air India.

....no, seriously!......

I flew Air India to NYC a couple of years ago and it cost me about £100-£150 less than the next cheapest flight. It's not got all the bells and whistles (seat back TVs) but is comfortable enough for the (relatively) short flight.

AND it's the best curry I'd had in a long time :D:D:D:D

(I got upgraded on the way out (for free :D) but the return flight was in economy and was fine!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport