Not heard from OR since interview

Hello went BR on 05th Nov had telephone intereview on 18th Nov which confirned car exempt, as my OH has only just returned to work after long illness, even though still not well is able to control illness better with addition medication, OR said that has he only earned £2500 for 2007 and £2500 so far this year, she thought they would not place a IPA at the moment may do this just before discharge but heard nothing from her at all, with my OH income permantly back at work we only had a surplus of child benefit but the mortgage payment goes down by about £250 at the end of December I asked her if we needed to notify her of new payment and was advised only if a IPA is in place do I need to let them know or just waite for her to contact me

Comments

• Hi Queen

I thought you needed to let the OR know of any changes in your income within 21 days. Obviously, if your mortgage payment is going down, that's not your income but it might affect your I&E. Hope one of the brains will be able to help you...
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000
    Business Debt Line 0800 197 6026 CAB Insolvency Service- 0845 602 9848
    "He who laughs last didn't get it!" :rotfl:BSC 134

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Queen,

From the date you make your reduced mortgage payment you have 21 days to contact the OR and advise them of your change in circumstances. The OR will not contact you, it is your obligation, under the terms of your BR to advise the OR of ALL changes, regardless of whether an IPA is in place or not.

HTH
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Queen
    Queen Posts: 788 Forumite
    Hi just got out my form that I signed which only states that I need to let them know if any property becomes mine and any increase in income, wasn't sure to leave it as the OR said she would contact me to confirm if a IPA would be put in place or not, I asked her question did I need to let then know about any changes in mortgage payment she said she did think it would make much difference
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Queen,

From the date you make your reduced mortgage payment you have 21 days to contact the OR and advise them of your change in circumstances. The OR will not contact you, it is your obligation, under the terms of your BR to advise the OR of ALL changes, regardless of whether an IPA is in place or not.

HTH

As peachy said you need to inform the OR of ANY financial changes in circumstances within 21 days just to cover yourself..if the OR says its fine afterwards then so be it...otherwise your breaching the terms of your BR
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • Queen wrote: »
    Hi just got out my form that I signed which only states that I need to let them know if any property becomes mine and any increase in income, wasn't sure to leave it as the OR said she would contact me to confirm if a IPA would be put in place or not, I asked her question did I need to let then know about any changes in mortgage payment she said she did think it would make much difference

maybe she is of the same view a many that the cut will only be shortlived and rates will rise again next year :rolleyes:

But as said you must inform them them of the change, your best bet is give them a ring within 21 days after the payment reduces, even though she said it probebly wouldnt matter, and see what they say, that way it cant become an issue later :)
    Thats it, i am done, Blind-as-a-Bat has left the forum, for good this time, there is no way I can recover this account, as the password was random, and not recorded, and the email used no longer exits, nor can be recovered to recover the account, goodbye all …………. :(
  • Queen
    Queen Posts: 788 Forumite
    Hi, spoke with OR today she doesn't think they will set an IPA yet they will waite and see how my hubby is getting on a work due to illness, however computer we have because we had finance on this they think its worth £500 at auction and want us to make an offer what do you think would be reasonable for us to offer, advised that mortgage payment is going down end of Dec she said not to worry about this to muchbut to let her know new payment, she will calculate I&E as if OH is on incap benefit for the time being and re-look at this nearer discharge that give us a bit of breathing space with xmas etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure