Can i ask for my bank to pay off a loan with bank charges?

Hello all, just wanted to know if anyone can help on this one. I have a loan with Halifax which at the moment stands at 4,666 owing and i have a claim for unfair bank charges which is 4,063 plus interest. Now if i wrote to Halifax and ask them to use the money they owe me to pay off what i owe them would that be accepted as an end to my claim?
I to have gone down the hardship road,with no response at all from the bank, and now want to try a different angle. In these uncertain days it would be great to save myself a bit of money each month, rather than give it to a bank that is treating me unfairly.
Thank you all for reading and i hope you can help ;)

Comments

• potlessdaz wrote: »
    Hello all, just wanted to know if anyone can help on this one. I have a loan with Halifax which at the moment stands at 4,666 owing and i have a claim for unfair bank charges which is 4,063 plus interest. Now if i wrote to Halifax and ask them to use the money they owe me to pay off what i owe them would that be accepted as an end to my claim?
    I to have gone down the hardship road,with no response at all from the bank, and now want to try a different angle. In these uncertain days it would be great to save myself a bit of money each month, rather than give it to a bank that is treating me unfairly.
    Thank you all for reading and i hope you can help ;)
    I don;t think you can but I would like to know how they respond to it. Was the loan with PPI?
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • unfortunately i do not have ppi, so i can't screw them for more.
    unfortunately i do not have ppi, so i can't screw them for more.
    PMSL.......

• really sorry for sounding rude and stupid, but what does PMSL mean?
    really sorry for sounding rude and stupid, but what does PMSL mean?

Don't worry the MSL is "myself laughing". The P is possibly obvious but is something that you go to the toilet to do.

• Oh well now i feel stupid, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills