Ebay or an Ebayer have sold our details...

Hi,

myself and my fiance use her fashion label name purely and only for our ebay account (we never use our own names) and I was shocked this morning when an envelope addressed to the name registered to our ebay account arrived through our door.

This turned out to be a marketing letter from an extortionate credit card company.

This means that, with 100% certainty, either Ebay or an Ebayer we have dealt with, have sold our personal details onto this credit card company. Without our permission.

Does anybody have information about this? Surely they cannot do this without our permission, and we are now getting unsolicited mail because of. Is there any way to track who the culprit is?

Thanks!
DONE: Great North Run 09! Raised £452 for the National Autistic Society
SOON: Cycling John O'Groats to Lands End! For the National Autistic Society
Please sponsor Me! http://www.justgiving.com/sean-parkin

Debtwatch - Flexiloan (£1844 - £0 by July 11) - Personal Loan (Closed Jan10!) - Egg CC (Closed June 09!) - Tesco CC (Closed May 10!)

Comments

• Never heard of this before but it is obviously someone you have sold something to or bought something off as these are the only people with access to your address apart from eBay and I can't see them doing it. You can't do much about it except maybe phone the credit card company up and ask them to take you off their mailing list if this is possibly. Or you could use my personal favourite and send their junk back in the freepost envelope! :snow_laug
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure