Rome Ciampino airport to central Rome

Options
OH and I will be starting our honeymoon in Rome. Due to cheapish flights, we are hoping to fly to Ciampino Airport, but I've read that there's no rail connection to the centre of Rome.

Bearing in mind that this is our honeymoon, and I get stressed out easily thinking about these things, how do we get to our hotel in Rome? Has anyone done it easily?

We haven't got our hotel booked yet (this is for the end of July), but I know where I want to stay. It's this one: http://www.hotelducadalba.com/MAIN-ENGL/main.html But don't worry, I've found cheaper room rates on another website for this hotel.

Thanks in advance
Vicky
Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared

Comments

• AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Buy a bus ticket at Terravision desk in the Arrivals Hall at Ciampino. Takes about 40 mins and drops you off at Termini Station. It cost £6 last year. Enjoy yourself. HTH
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• pudding
    pudding Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes we got the bus when we went..It's really easy...
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wouldn't it have been easier to look on the Airport Website or the Easyjet website or the Ryanair website?
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    VickyA wrote:
    Due to how do we get to our hotel in Rome? Has anyone done it easily?

Vicky

Yes, vey easily - I got a Taxi!

If you get the hotel to send a taxi it is normally cheaper - 40 Euros I think I paid earlier this year.
  • Chip_Butty_3
    Options
    Also used the bus. We managed to prebook the bus tickets in Stanstead airport prior to flying out.

As its the easiest way to get into the centre there were alot of people quing. They got us on a bus in the end, it was a tad unorganised, but for the price the best way to go.

When we got off the bus around the corner from the big bus & train station we walked around to the tube entrance & next to it there were a couple of News Stands. Here we got a 3 day travel card which came in really handy.

Therse lots & lots to see, so take sensible walking shoes.

Hope its a memorable trip.
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    alanrowell wrote:
    Wouldn't it have been easier to look on the Airport Website or the Easyjet website or the Ryanair website?

Thanks all.

And yes, I did look on those websites but I wanted to hear first hand of how people found it easy/difficult to do.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure