Tesco CEO

Is that right CEO?

I'm looking for the address people give out on here to some guy called Terry Leahy or whatever....

edit: ok, I got the address (what an excellent memory I have ;))

Terry Leahy
New Tesco House,
Delamare Road,
Cheshunt,
Herts
EN8 9SL

Does he write back? I have a big issue (to me) I need to take up with him.

Comments

• Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    I'm sorry, but Terry Leahy does not give a stuff about your big issue. Your letter will be read by a minion and passed to the same people it would have reached if you wrote to a normal Customer Services address.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Stonk, can I borrow your crystal ball please, it sounds fabulous if it tells you what Terry Leahy does, and what will happen with Wig's letter
    :snow_laug :snow_laug
  • Darksun
    Darksun Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    He probably won't read your letter personally, but I've found that addressing letters to the CEO gets a better response than just taking it up with customer support (usually if the normal customer support routes have failed).
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,154
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Assuming he is like any other CEO he will have a PA whose job will be to filter his mail and pass him the important stuff and redirect the other stuff to the correct department. If it is deemed to be important then it might still be redirected to one of the middle managers for handling. Lesser stuff is simply sent to CS for handling (although you may be provided with your own personal contact).

On some occasions his PA will have the authority to respond directly (usually with 'thank you for your letter we will take on board your comments') .. before passing on to CS or whoever.

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • I have written to him several times, most times the letters are ignored and you hear nothing from anyone, even if you follow it up with more letters. Sometimes I have had responses from c/s on his behalf. Once I had a letter from him, which was also personally signed by hand.

I guess it depends on his mood at the time.

-Web
    Sense is not common.
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    innovate wrote:
    Stonk, can I borrow your crystal ball please, it sounds fabulous if it tells you what Terry Leahy does, and what will happen with Wig's letter

Well, I cannot say for sure that's what will happen, but considering ...

(a) that he's the CEO of a company with tens of millions of customers (not all dissatisfied, of course);

(b) that he has other stuff to do as well;

(c) that there exists a dedicated department for precisely this kind of thing;

... I would be prepared to place money on it!

Happy New Year one and all.

PS. My hunch is that Terry Leahy is on the toilet at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure