BA Executive Club Miles/Points

Options
I've thousands of BA Executive club card points/miles (accumalated from work related business trips), BA told me the points expire in the next couple of months - so I better book somthing to use them up.

But - when I checked, with the security and taxes the cost of these BA fares work out the same or more than if I just went to a similar low cost carrier! - I'm starting to realize the BA Excuitive club card points/miles don't actually have much value !!!! - has anyone also found this? or have any smart suggestions how I can get "best value" when trading them in for somthing?

Comments

• chalky_bertie
    Options
    I think if you just add to the points account buy buying 1000 miles (£30) they will last for another couple of years. They are best used to upgrade from 1 cabin to another, ie WT to WTP, WTP to Club etc.

We have 50,000 and can get a return Club World to LA for about £2000 for 2 of us which is alot cheaper than buying the same ticket.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • marlowtech
    Options
    If you are interested I need a business class return ticket - I think it's 40,000 miles plus tax. Don't know how we could do it but I'm sure there's a way. If you like, PM me....Happy Christmas!

:xmassign:
  • chalky_bertie
    Options
    These people may be able to help you better. Click HERE
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • chris_k
    chris_k Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BA Miles do not expire unless you don't add or use any points in a 2 or 3 year period. If BA are nagging you then you are about at your limit. Earn or redeem any points and you won't have a problem. If you have Tesco points redeem some for BA points, even if it is £2.50 worth. If you use Avis, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hertz make sur eyou select the points go to your BA account.

The best value flights are long haul 50,000 points to the USA or Far East are available at peak times if you book well in advance.

Get an AMex BA card to get a matching free flight for real value.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure