Job/skill swap website?

Hi folks, I'm new - sorry if this is considered a threadwaste, I couldn't find another more appropriate sounding one...

I'm just trying to find the name of a website discussed on the Chris Evans Radio 2 show earlier this week. The premise sounded a bit like the 'myhammer' webiste, where you post a job you need done to your house, e.g. plumbing, plastering etc. and tradespeople then quote for that job.

The website discussed was for *all* types of work though, e.g. graphic design, proof reading etc. I remember thinking that it might be a way to make a bit of extra cash but neglected to remember the name of the site! Can anyone remember?

Cheers,

Tim

Comments

• Try checking the beeb website - radio 4 have the listen again service so you might get it for radio 2 as well. Audio files are only up for a week afaik so you might need to be quick. Do post back though sounds potentially useful.
  • srichards
    srichards Posts: 226 Forumite
    getafreelancer.com
  • wileycat
    wileycat Posts: 2,285
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    myhammer is a trades website...You can advertise a job and trades will make you offers on it..or advertise you're trade and people can ask about jobs.

Theres some money through cashback sites (£4) for signing up!
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I remember looking at Just For The Love Of It a while ago, they do this kind of thing. I don't have any skills :( so I didn't join it so don't know how good it is.
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • wigglebeena
    wigglebeena Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Watch out for teamuphere.com, they seem a bit of a ripoff as they charge a registration fee and do not even disclose how much till you get to the second page of their registration form (after giving them all your REQUIRED FIELD personal info ready for spamming, how very convenient).

I believe either gumtree or craigslist (not sure which) has a skillswap section and they are both free to list on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure