My van is about to be repossessed. Please help!

Hi.
I have an HP agreement with Black Horse. I have not kept up with the repayments and have fallen behind.
This morning two men came to the door saying that they were here to repossess the vehicle. (the van wasnt there thankfully)
I told the men that I had not received any warning of this and they said they didnt need to, that they can repossess without giving notice.

I have just visited a legal website, which says that I should have been sent a 'Pre-possession order', which would give me notice of their intentions, and 15days to contact them to arrange payment. I have not received this.

I called the repo ppl and asked if I could pay the arrears off today and they said no - I have to pay the entire amount of £5000 or they take the van, which will be auctioned, then I will be liable for any shortfall up to the 5k value.

If anyone can help me - I just dont know what to do or where I stand. :confused:

any replies greatly appreciated.

ps i have not paid more than a third of the total amount, so they dont need a court order apparently.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport