jewellery insurance

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
3 replies 640 views
aspinallkateaspinallkate Forumite
446 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
where can I get jewellery insurance from?
the shop where I have bought the ring from sell it for £98 for 3 years with no excess, could I beat that?

Replies

• Clive_WoodyClive_Woody Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will depend on the value of the jewellery (do you have a valuation certificate should you need to make a claim?).

It may simply be cheaper to contact your home insurance provider and ask them for a quote (although this will have an excess attached to it).

I would ask the Jewellers for a copy of their policy and check it very carefully before accepting, if it seems very much cheaper than everywhere else I suspect there is a reason for this (sorry to sound so suspicious, but if things appear too good to be true, then generally they are).

:D
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • aspinallkateaspinallkate Forumite
    446 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I havent got the ring yet, paid for yesterday but didnt have my size in, it should be in later today or tomorrow.
    we paid £1500 for it, it is a well known store

http://www.fraserhart.co.uk/fraser-hart-servers.html
  • lisyloolisyloo Forumite
    27.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to check your home insurance to check

the valuables limit
    the single item limit
    Whether you have the personal possession option (for cover outside the home)

You might find you are already covered as some have a single item limit of £1500 in which case it won't need to be individually specified as long as the total of your valuables fits inside the totla valuable limit on your policy.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals