How can I raise enough?

My 2-year old laptop broke - again - and I figured it's about time for a new one. This one is still useable, but, the damage it already has is liable to cause more damage to it in the future. If I were to get this laptop repaired, it would involve sending it away, and that would mean falling behind on my university work, since I rely on having it to be able to keep up with lectures and complete assignments. In any other circumstances, I wouldn't have any problems just sending it away, but, I don't want to be falling behind.

I don't just use my laptop for work, either. It keeps me in contact with my friends further afield, and I can play (some of) my games on it.

So, instead of going through the hassle of falling behind, I'm wanting to try and get a new laptop, but, I'm a student, so, money is hard to come by. I'm looking to raise somewhere in the region of £800 - £1000, so I can get one that'll play my games, as well as let me watch my DVDs, listen to music, do my university work, fiddle around with web design and Flash, etc, etc, etc.

I have £430 left of my loan, and that's got to cover me for the rest of this semester (Until January). Most of it'll go on train fares and stuff. I get my next instalment of £1k on January 12 (and another instalment coming in sometime around April), but, I want to get the laptop before then, in case this one should suddenly break even more.

Any suggestions on how I can raise the cash?

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    the obvious suggestion from me is if you have a mobile phone contract then try to swap it for one that comes with a free laptop. Oh has one of these deals from carphone warehouse and he pays about 35pcm with plenty of minutes. however there are better deals if you sign up to mobile internet ( ie a dongle) Ive seen these about 15 pcm. - plus quidco cashback .
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills