Looking for my first credit card, Help please

Options
Hi

I’m new to credit cards as I’m now 30 & never owned one.

I’m really after advice on which card would be best for me & which would be more likely to accept my application.

I currently bank with the Bank of Scotland (for about 15years) & there doing 0% for 10 months on purchases & transfers, is this card any good for me?

I have no bad credit & have never missed any payments on my mortgage or bank loans & earn over £25K

I’m going on holiday in Jan 2009 & want to use one to book my holiday so I’m protected if anything should happen & with Christmas around the corner I wouldn’t mind a few months interest free on purchases. The most that I would need would be £1000 which I would have at least £500 of that paid off in Jan 2009 & the rest within the 10 months.

Any help would be appreciated as I’m new to CC’s

Thanks

Del :)

Comments

• xplora
    xplora Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Go with Bank of Scotland. If they refused you, then suggest you to try Vanquis and CapitalOne. Can't see any reason why Bank of Scotland or Halifax refused because about 4 years ago I was given credit card without credit check. Just don't expect high credit limit at the beginning, probably about £500 for start. I bet you will get £1500-2250 for start because of your earning
  • del8oy78
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply xplora, i'm gonna apply for that card & see how i get on, fingers crossed :)

Del
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport