currant acount balance transfers

Options
Is there a 0% credit card on the market that allows you to balance transfer from a currant account onto the credit card

Comments

• NickX
    NickX Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    Options
    paul241 wrote: »
    Is there a 0% credit card on the market that allows you to balance transfer from a currant account onto the credit card

Only a few rather special cards have the facility of transferring an overdraft (i.e. sending funds from the Credit Card to your Bank Account). This is known as SBT (Super Balance Transfer).

Cards offering this include Egg, Post Office Card and any card run by MBNA (including Alliance & Leicester, Sony, MBNA itself and the Virgin range).

Egg Money can be used in conjunction with another 0% card to "mule" the funds into your Bank Account.

In addition MINT periodically issue Credit Card cheques that can be paid into a Bank Account at Balance Transfer rates. This is the least satisfactory option though because, unless the cheques are already in your possession, you don't know when they are going to drop through your letterbox.

Capital One also issue Balance Transfer rate cheques, but extra care should be taken because they also issue cheques known to be Purchase rate or even Cash advance rate (not adviseable unless you have money to burn).
  • paul241
    Options
    Thanks NickX for your reply but i am trying to transfer money from my current account onto a 0% credit card, i did this years ago but now i can not find a card that will allow this.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I see why NicX replied the way he did. Even I don't understand what do you mean. Can you please be a bit more specific. You want a + balance on a credit card? What do you want to use it for?
    Then we might be able to advice the right card.
  • kazzy
    kazzy Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    just write a cheque to the c.c. company once you have the card!! They don't mind having your money...why do you want to do this out of interest??Am i missing something here??:rolleyes:
    I want money..........that's what I want !!:j
  • paul241
    Options
    At the moment my currant account is in the red, so to save the intrest i am paying on the current account i want to move the debt to a 0% credit card. This gets my currant account back to zero and gives me time to clear the debt without any intrest. I was able to do this once before many years ago but now i cannot find a card that allows this.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    NickX has already answered your question. I suggest you read his reply again.

See also...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/stooze-cash-credit-cards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family