looking for some creative ideas..money's too tight to mention..

I'm looking for inspiration for some creative thinking regarding money.

I'm self employed and I also do ebay and amazon but I know that I can stretch myself to do a bit more but I come to a mental block, creativitywise.

I have read a few books that suggest the way to start money flowing toward you rather than away is to become more generous, the idea being a mixture of 'what goes around comes around' and karma, 'you get back what you give out' and the idea of being generous gives you a positive feeling that gees you up and helps you function better.

I've taken all this on board and I do feel better, I've given to charity shops, it was mainly things that I'd been trying to sell and not getting the prices I wanted and it is really liberating to know that they can make some money out of them and they aren't cluttering up my head any more, so that has helped me be a bit more positive.

The question is is there anything else I can do to get me thinking more creatively, working harder and earning more money? are there any more books, CDs, or techniques that anyone can recommend?

Comments

• Kevicho
    Kevicho Posts: 3,216 Forumite
    is a weekend/night job viable?

Also what do you do via self employment? Can you extend it to one off, semi regular work? (ie such i do web design, and bit of external consulting for me beer money :) )
  • briona
    briona Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    gnome wrote:
    The question is is there anything else I can do to get me thinking more creatively, working harder and earning more money? are there any more books, CDs, or techniques that anyone can recommend?

Hello, long time reader, first time poster here. Funnily enough I was looking at a book on money making ideas just this weekend (see below). it was full of good (and feasible) ideas on boosting income! Check it out on Amazon...

A Bit on the Side: 500 Ways to Boost Your Income ~ Jasmine Birtles
    (Paperback - September 8, 2005)

Regards

B
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
  • Kevicho
    Kevicho Posts: 3,216 Forumite
    Saw the title of that book, did a google and found this site

http://www.500ways.co.uk/html/500_ways.html

will prob be many more
  • Well, The Money Diet is a good place to start :rotfl:

Seriously, I've just finished digesting it and it's excellent. Gave me a very positive kick up the backside I can tell you :p
    :TProud to be dealing with my debts :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport