Eurostar passport problem?

Options
I want to surprise someone by taking them to Paris by Eurostar...but i think there passport has expired? Does anyone know whether you need a valid passport...and also is it stamped at any point?

Thanks in adnacne,

Unknown

Comments

• balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You do need a valid passport. Same checks carried out as if you were taking a plane.
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • LondonDiva
    LondonDiva Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    see if you can get a replacement & pay the premium for superfast processing.

diva
    "This is a forum - not a support group. We do not "owe" anyone unconditional acceptance of their opinions."
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Of course you need a valid passport, you are leaving this country and entering another!!

As long as the passport is a British (or other EU) passport, it won't get stamped, but it will probably get checked.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • cougar_3
    cougar_3 Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    If you're European and have an ID card you'd be alright, but as some lefties have got a problem with ID cards, we can't have them and you need to carry a dark red book around with you instead!

The real problem with them is a moneysaving one - they cost a lot!
  • unknown_786
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies...glad to hear it wont be stamped...now its just a case of getting her passport validated..without her knowing!! helllppp!!
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ...now its just a case of getting her passport validated..without her knowing!! helllppp!!

Not a good idea! If you do anything like forging her signature you would be breaking anti-terrorist legislation and could be facing a loooong prison sentence!

Other posters have assumed that you (and she) are British, but that may not be the case. If she has something like a French identity card, then no problem at all.
  • barbie_babe
    Options
    you can fill out all forms and ask her to sign it .saying you are planning next years summer hoilday or something .
    :j
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes and aren't the passport prices going up soon. <nudge nudge wink wink>
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my brother had the same problem with his wife last year - 10th anniversary surprise trip........ he had to tell her in the end cos her passport had expired.... mergency dash to peterbough to get it renewed....... cost a fortune on top of normal price.......
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    cougar wrote:
    If you're European and have an ID card you'd be alright, but as some lefties have got a problem with ID cards, we can't have them and you need to carry a dark red book around with you instead!

Why do you assume it's lefties that don't want ID cards???
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure