MBNA / A&L Visa Credit Card - £26 CR - How withdraw?

Options
I have an MBNA A&L Visa credit card, I've not used it for months, but today I log in and see £26CR (I must have overpaid some months back), anyways I want to close the account and get the money back. Problem is I don't have the card anymore (was cut up) or the card security details. I really don't want to request a new card just withdraw the remaining as it seems wasteful. What's the best way to handle this? If I write to MBNA will they just close and issue me a cheque? Or will they try and stab me with cash withdrawl / BT fees?

Comments

• Paul_Herring
    Options
    Ring them up, and see if you can verify yourself using other criteria (name, address, DOB etc.)

Credit should really go to the account that issued the last payment, but they may send you a cheque.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • DestroyingAngel_2
    Options
    Matt83uk,

Ring the Customer Service line 0800 062 062, tell them you don't have the card anymore. The rep can do a search under your surname, first name and date of birth. Then you can verify other details such as how much you're in credit for, the last transactions/payments you made on the card, employer's details, whether you had a DD setup, whether there's an authorised user on the card etc. Once the rep has verified that he's got the correct account in front of him and that you are who you say you are, then you can have the credit refunded into your current account.

You'll need to give the rep your bank account number and sort code. It'll take about 5-7 days for the money to hit your bank account. There is no charge for a credit balance refund, the money is yours, after all, you're just claiming it back.

You can close the credit card account with the same rep.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure