Ward.com, Vistaprint Card Scam

Options
Just noticed a payment that i did not recognise on credit card,

Wards.com and has phone number 0845 026 1100 .

I rang my credit card company, who advised me to call the number which I did.
Lady on phone said details had been passed on from vistaprint, i was enrolled to Vprewards, I have no memory of joining this whatsoever, but I have recently placed an order from Vistaprint, doing an internet search it looks like plenty of others have £9.95 monthly payments taken from card after using vistaprint.

So if you have used vistaprint recently check your card statement!

I had used them a few times in the past, and found service realy good and quility good, but this leaves a realy bad taste. Will prob send vistaprint am email later to see what they think are playing at.
Nope.... Still cant think of owt interesting to put here.

Comments

• clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    give em what for matey, sneeky so & so's..
  • bellrooster
    bellrooster Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This happened to me a couple of years ago!! and when I called the number the person I spoke to was extreeemly snotty with me.

Apparently when I was ordering some 'free buisness' cards from them I didn't uncheck a button which allowed them to subscribe me to something or other!

Swines!!
  • poker_face
    Options
    MarkR wrote: »

Lady on phone said details had been passed on from vistaprint, i was enrolled to Vprewards, I have no memory of joining this whatsoever, but I have recently placed an order from Vistaprint, doing an internet search it looks like plenty of others have £9.95 monthly payments taken from card after using vistaprint.

I had used them a few times in the past, and found service realy good and quility good, but this leaves a realy bad taste. Will prob send vistaprint am email later to see what they think are playing at.

Perhaps they think because its not a large amount that people will not notice and get away with it. Prove them wrong I say :cool:
    |Credit Card Debt Free|I'll bring you flowers in the pouring rain|
    :money:
  • MarkR_2
    MarkR_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with what you are saying Poker_face, an amount like £9.95 on statement could of been anything. It was only when I payed statement and looked online to see the same amount and name again for this month, that I smelt a rat.
    It would be easy to pay this for months and not click, luckily I have only had 2 payments taken, they are supposed to be refunding one of them.

I guess the lesson learned from this is to go through statements as soon as arrive, and not trust a company just because have used before:confused:
  • Ian_Griffiths_Halifax
    Options
    MarkR wrote: »

I've used Vistaprint a number of times and I would recommend them to anybody wanting personalised (in bulk) Christmas Cards, etc.

The first time I used them I found the same debit from my card and linked it immediately to Vistaprint. This left a sour taste as I was thinking, 'why waste such a good service and reputation by ripping people off with this'. Incidently, there were 2 companies who took payments, not just one, and it was to get discounts on some other services!

I spoke to Vistaprint and told them that I was annoyed and never knowingly asked for these services or subscriptions and they immediately refunded them.

Give them a call and cancel them and get your money back, but don't let it put you off using them again, their service standards on delivery times (despite coming from Norway I think), quality and price can't be beaten IMO.
    I am a Mortgage Consultant and don't like to be told what I can and can't put in a signature so long as it's legal and truthful.
  • MarkR_2
    MarkR_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RESULT!!!
    Cheers Ian, Phoned Vistaprint customer services 0800 028 8251 , free call too so bonus! Anyhow they will refund all 3 payments, must of been one the month before as well that I missed.

I agree with you about the quality, price and service, I recently purchased some magnetic car signs from them as well and they are realy good.

It does leave a bad taste that they are pulling stunts like this.
    IF I ever use them again I will be reading every bit of small print carefuly and watching my card statement like a hawk.
    Anyhows, Happy Ending ( hopefuly). And with a bit of luck may have alerted others that have been caught with this.
  • gm71
    gm71 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I got caught with nthis but managed to get the money back by being very irrate and pushy
  • james_culbert
    Options
    Just noticed two deductions from my credit card for £9.95
    After a long phone call on the 0800 number they say they will refund the monies and cancel whatever was allowing the deductions.
    I will post more when i see the monies returned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure