We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Poland

Options
2»

Comments

• conradmum
    conradmum Posts: 5,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're off to Krakow too in the summer. Does anyone know of any reasonable apartments that can rented for a week or so? We'd need at least two bedrooms.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This is the company we rented our apartment from when we were there this August. Our studio apartment was just off the main square. Very good and clean, and good value. :-
    http://www.warsawshotel.com/Europe/Poland/Krakow/Apartments/All
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Jem8472
    Jem8472 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Poland is a lovelly place. I have olny ever been to Warsaw so far but I plan to make it to Krakow.

My grandad was from Poland and he came over during the war. I have been back quite a few times and love it. The public transport is brilliant.

I have always found amber and crystal good buys in Poland, but a bit of a tip for shopping in Poland, if you see it buy it!!!!!!!!!!!! the chances are if you go back it wont be there. It is that sort of place what you see in shops if often all they have.

I have pics of Warsaw on my flickr account and some of the building are amazing considering in Warsaw it was all rebuilt after the war. I think Krakow was not damaged as much.
    Jeremy
    Married 9th May 2009
  • Chip_Butty_3
    Options
    Hi'ya,

We stayed in the Globetrotter Guest House in the Centre of Krakov. Its set back off the street in a Courtyard & have spacious, basic rooms. The staff speak English exceptionally well & went out of their way to help us whilst we stayed there.

The web site is -

http://www.cracow-life.com/globtroter/

Regards

Mick
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income