Poland

Options
I would like to know if anyone has been to Poland, particularly Poznan and surrounding area, as we are going next summer and are thinking of hiring a car and travelling south to Katowice, Kracow etc., If anyone can recommend places to visit/stay and any helpful hints would be most appreciated. :D
Growing old is manditory, Growing up is optional! :j

Comments

• The_Bargain_Hunters
    Options
    :confused: Has anyone ever been to poland???????????????? :confused:
  • quietheart
    quietheart Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got married in Poland - bizarre but true! I love Gdansk and we honeymooned in Zakopane (bit tacky) and Krakow and I'd really recommend it, very laid back, good nightlife, a pretty cool city. We travelled by train, pretty cheap, ran on time etc. We found it really cheap to eat out, people were friendly. Go for it!
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went to Zakopane with New milennium holidays and it was great. Showed round by an ex government tour guide, big sausages for breakfast, cheap and plentiful beer and vodka. Learn the phrase 'nie ma' - 'there isn't any' which was the response half the time when you asked for anything in a restaurant/shop.
    Use Polish transport as It is much cheaper than tour co's organised excursions. The Morskie Oko lake is beautiful and the horse and cart ride to it is worth the money. A beautiful sight.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • The_Bargain_Hunters
    Options
    Thanks but they don't seem to of been to Poland either!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks but they don't seem to of been to Poland either!
    Where have you looked? There have been several threads about Poland (and especially Krakow) on the "Eastern Europe" section of the board. An even better idea is to start your own thread there and you will get some answers. There are a couple of contributors on there who have been to Poland several times.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • theotortoise
    Options
    Hi, I'm one of those who's been to Poland several times, and also my best friend lives in Krakow so if you need to know anything I'll try to help :)
  • chalky_bertie
    Options
    Hi, I'm one of those who's been to Poland several times, and also my best friend lives in Krakow so if you need to know anything I'll try to help :)

We are off there in April, can you or your friend recommend a nice, moderately priced place to stay in Krakow. (nothing cheap but not too dear either in a quietish area of the town.

Thanks
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • The_Bargain_Hunters
    Options
    trisontana wrote:
    Where have you looked? There have been several threads about Poland (and especially Krakow) on the "Eastern Europe" section of the board. An even better idea is to start your own thread there and you will get some answers. There are a couple of contributors on there who have been to Poland several times.

OOPS! Sorry I didnt look in right place but have found it now and posted a question. Thanks
  • theotortoise
    Options
    Chalky_Bertie, I've stayed at various places both in the town centre and outlying areas. The last time I went I stayed at the Orbis Wanda on Armii Krajowej. Not at all a bad hotel, decent sized rooms, and only a 5 minute bus ride away from town. English speaking staff and quite a big restaurant. If I remember rightly it was about £38 a night, but I have stayed in the centre before for £15 a night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure