Limestone Fireplaces

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
4 replies 745 views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Ok I've been to Geddis in Lisburn, Lamonts in Coleraine, Fireplaces Direct, Belfast Fireplaces, Knightsbridge Fireplaces in Bangor and Portadown Fireplaces and I still haven't seen anything that I really like.
I'm looking for something classic rather than contempary or traditional and fancy limestone with black granite or slate does anyone have any other suggestions. As you can see from above I'm willing to travel anywhere.

Replies

• CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Forumite
    634 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I was everywhere too this time last year looking at fireplaces and some of the prices i was getting quoted scared me.
    I eventually found what i wanted in limestone and black granite and at a price that was at least half of any other prices i had received.
    I had the fireplace made to my own specification ie.size and design etc although its probley what you would call more contempory than classic.
    The company is called Castlestone Fireplaces and is located in the East Belfast Enterprise Park which is off the Albertbridge Road.
    The guy that runs it is really easy to deal with and nothing is to much trouble.
  • TrishaMTrishaM Forumite
    654 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Try Flames and Fireplaces new in Banbridge ask for Martina, she is really good if she doesn't have one she will get one.
  • TeerahTeerah Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    We got our portugese limestone fireplace with slate hearth in Fortress stone in carrickfergus (sloefield park). They have some lovely stone fireplaces in both contempory and traditional designs.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. It's good to have personal recommendations. Dh and I will have fun in the new year visiting the various places.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides