🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

2 for 1 flights to USA

Options
Check this out: If you buy a £10.99 Time Out guide to Paris, Boston, or New York, you get a voucher for 2 flights for the price of 1 to Boston, New York,& Washington. Travel up to April 2006 (also 2007 but didn't read it thoroughly) The price is very good. £249 for 2 return flights!

http://www.timeout.com/offers/2for1/
"0844 COSTS YOU MORE"

Comments

• LesD
    LesD Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Careful - the small print says excluding taxes and charges! These can be over £100 per person to the U.S.
  • dave_gill
    Options
    Has anyone tried out this offer?

Does it work out less expensive than booking with say american airlines direct?

Any views are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • lynn44
    lynn44 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    I recently purchased L'oreal hair dye for free flights to either new york, boston, washington...you have to select 1st 2nd 3rd choice of destination and 3 dates within time limits.... still with tax works out cheaper to buy from travel agents on line i was quoted tax to new york £130....other person's flight was £299 PLUS TAX.... sorry don't think i'll be going at these price's...
    I would love to be a Travel Agent :j
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah! Well it looked like a good dea at first sight!! One tends to forget about taxes & charges, which is what the headline grabbing announcement is meant to do. It is the same with Ryanair flights on offer at present for 1p, then when you check out the tax & charges are over £30. Yet the return flight (from Kerry) cost £39.99 and the tax & charges are only £15 approx.How come their is such a difference?
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Before booking check the prices via the normal airlines, I found that it was cheaper to book "normally" rather than use the offer once you added on the taxes & other charges.
  • Barcode
    Barcode Posts: 4,551 Forumite
    Options
    Bought the NYC guide, got home, went to fill in form, didn't read the bold print about keeping the receipt - I'd only gone and shredded my Border's receipt with credit card details on.

Now I'm wondering if Border's will exchange and I'll be able to get another receipt.
    'We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. '
    -- T. S. Eliot
  • laxatif
    laxatif Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    yep. they will.
  • cougar_3
    cougar_3 Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Be careful with the 2 4 1 offers. I saw the Telegraph's one - it was:
    £248 base price for one person

£123 for one at 2 4 1
    +£60 fuel charge
    +£80 taxes
    = same price you would pay normally without having to specify two dates within the next five months but excluding holidays!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport