Economy 7 what are the times?

mumdawn
mumdawn Posts: 15 Forumite
I have been trying to find out when the economy 7 tariff kicks in-it the times it comes on in my area and supplier. Wrote email to supplier zest4 but no reply.I live in lincolnshire.could anyone give me an idea of how to find out?thanks lots

Comments

• Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    This has come up before, it varies but if you ring your supplier they should tell you.On another thread someone said there was a sticker on their meter.
  • manic
    manic Posts: 698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What sort of meter do you have?

We have a newish meter with digital read-out. The meter displays that we are running on "Rate 2" during the day & "Rate 1" during the night. So I have established that my E7 time starts at 22:30 (GMT). (NOTE: The signal that is sent to change the timer doesn't adjust for BST - so in summer it starts at 23:30 BST!!).
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    mumdawn wrote:
    I have been trying to find out when the economy 7 tariff kicks in-it the times it comes on in my area and supplier. Wrote email to supplier zest4 but no reply.I live in lincolnshire.could anyone give me an idea of how to find out?thanks lots

Standard time for economy7 is midnight to 7am, however, this is rarely the case... Rather than your electricity supplier, the regional electricity company (REC) is responsible for this.

If you have a mechanical timeswitch, you will see two tabs on the dial indicating the on and off times, but check the actual time indicated on the clock as they are rarely accurate - we have one of these on the Notts/Lincs border - ours is 1 1/2 hours out, make sure you adjust your own on/off times accordingly.

If you have a Radio Teleswitch, the REC controls the switching remotely and groups of RTSs are switched at different times to spread the load. Note that although they rarely change the RTS switching times, the REC does reserve the right to change the times to manage load.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure