Intrepid Travel Tours Company?

Options
Am spending 2 months in Shanghai on work experience in April, then taking a few weeks to see as much of China as poss, well the major must-dos at least. But owing to the size of the country and me being a young female travelling solo with basic Mandarin abilities, I was thinking of doing a tour group. Found these guys, "Intrepid travel" https://www.intrepidtravel.com and like the look of them, anyone know of them or been on one with them to anywhere (specifically China of course but wanted to know what the company's like in general aswell)
Thanks

Comments

• HGLTsuperstar
    Options
    Anyone please!!!!!
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a friend who went with them to Egypt a couple of years ago. She said that it was really well organised and would happily use them again.

I receive their e-mail updates in the vague hope that I will be able to afford one of their trips. Ok, so they're not the most expensive company out there, but they look to do some excellent trips.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • edda
    edda Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Can't help you on Intrepid, but CTS Horizons (in London) are the UK based arm of China Travel Service - owned by the Chinese government.

This seems to give them an advantage in the market (e.g. they own some hotels and have offices in various cities in China) and they have the most choice of tours that I've seen for China.

The London phone no. is 020 7836 4338 and website is https://www.ctshorizons.com

Suggest you ring London and they can probably give you details of their local offices - I know they have one in Hong Kong and would be v. surprised if they don't have one in Shanghai.

Have just used them for a tour based from the UK, but I know they sell tours from China as well. Staff all seem v. knowledgeable.

Hope this helps.
  • DaisyLondon
    Options
    I've on holiday with Intrepid Travel and some of the other similar companies. It was ok but I always felt I was just doing the same thing someone else had done the week before. But to be quite honest, who wants to hang about with a load of other people who you don't know in a tour group.

I have booked my next holiday is with Tell Tale Travel they made it specially for me but it didn't cost a fortune. They've organised loads of cultural stuff and then some relaxing time at the end. https://www.telltaletravel.co.uk

Really looking forward to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport