need a tv

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
10 replies 1K views
mediamanmediaman Forumite
214 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
I need a new tv, old tv died on friday nite. I need 32" widescreen. Are the any reasonably deals about, preferably near Derry.
"Food has replaced sex in my life. Now, even I can't get into my own pants."

Replies

• AnyaAnya Forumite
    590 Posts
    We are currently looking for the same. Try looking on eBay, any ex-catalogue stores nearby or in those shops where you can rents tvs etc. They often sell off their reconditioned ex rental sets at really decent prices.
    Accepted offer on our house - Sept 2006
    Offer accepted on house we wanted - October 2006
    Survey completed - November 2006
    Searches completed - January 2007
    Vendor pulls out January 2007 - Aaaagghhh :mad:
    Offer accepted on next house - January 2007
    Survey completed - February 2007
    Searches sent - Febraury 2007
    Exchanged and Completed March 16th 2007!
    Phew!
    Decorating started 5/4/07
    Bathroom ripped out 18/3/07!

Baby due 23/4/07!
  • Thanks Anya
    I tried the Ex-catalogue store in Quayside, very dissapointed, Currys offer better prices
    Also checked cash generator the stock there was poor quality stuff and some of it badly scuffed.

I was tempted to get the wharfedale 32" LCD in Argos but it was out of stock (thankfully)
  • arkonite_babearkonite_babe Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    we got a widescreen from Tesco for £158. I can't remember what size the screen is thoughg, possibly 30" ?

Check with them or online in the electria#cal section to see what you can find.

HTH
  • we got a widescreen from Tesco for £158. I can't remember what size the screen is thoughg, possibly 30" ?

Check with them or online in the electria#cal section to see what you can find.

HTH
    Thanks I just came back from Tescos.
    These are Bush tvs. My dead TV was a Black Diamond(mitsubishi) which turned out to be re-badged Bush TV and very over priced. I was not happy when I discovered this several years ago. I was sold a premium brand name Tv and could have saved £150 if I bought the Bush Branded one. I live and learn
  • check out Oak TV, waterloo place
  • thetopethetope Forumite
    896 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    maybe cash convertors would have some 2nd hand ones? otherwise, wait for the post-xmas sales there should be bargains in currys, dixons, argos etc

i got an ex rental 32" philips for £300 from one of those outfits that just leases an empty shop for a few weeks and moves around the province, it was a total bargain (four years ago)!
  • I noticed advert in yesterdays daily mirror(wed) for midnight sale at laser.
    From what i can remember from ad there were 28" widescreen TV's starting from £160. And these sales with be very often now(coming up to xmas).
    Check them out!
  • Asda have been doing a 28" widescreen for £158. You'll never have heard of the brand, I can't remember what it is. I set one up for a friend's mum recently. The sound isn't fantastic (though I am picky) but the picture is excellent for the price.
  • Thanks for the replies I have a loan of of 28"Tv. I'll wait until after christmas and go Tv hunting then.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals