Woodbury Common New York

Options
Hi

Has anybody been here before?

If so what options do you have to get to this outlet center?

I.E. what bus companies run trips here and where do you catch the bus from in manhatten together with costs/duration?

TIA

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello idv

Yes, I've been. Rather than an indoor heated/air conditioned shopping mall, the outlet shops are open to the elements. When I visited, it was snowing and very cold.:rolleyes:

I wasn't that impressed with the choice or prices I'm afraid...........but then I'm more of a bargain Filene's Basement type shopper than a 'must have a label' designer addict.

I hope you have a great holiday.

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • alison74
    alison74 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with Nile

I am sure others will come on here and rave about it. I first visited in 1994 when outlets WERE cheap as chips and was impressed back then, but the shopping in New York is sooooooo good now, and Macys nearly always have a sale on, Century 21 etc, that I don't feel a trip to Wooodbury would be a good way to spend a day when you are in fabulous NYC.

I was last there a few years ago and in my opinion it's gone way down hill.

Have a look at this forum and search for Wooodbury, ways to get there etc

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York_City_New_York.html
  • sydneybound
    Options
    Hi there,

Last time I went was in February of this year - and I was fairly impressed, they'd improved it since my previous visit (in January 04). For the girls there is even a Miss Sixity outlet, which is combined with an Energie store for the guys.

I'd say it's worth the hours trip upstate... and you can eat at Applebee's - YUM!

You can catch the bus from the Port Authority near Times Square - tickets cost approx. $34 and include a coupon book which you can use. I found the outlet place great for work clothes - shirts and ties etc.

Have fun!

S :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family