Where to claim for travel costs on self assessment

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Cutting Tax
2 replies 488 views
bluejosiahbluejosiah Forumite
410 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Cutting Tax
I'm just completing my self assessment tax return online. During 07-08 I had four employers (temping agency, plus three supply teacher agencies/LEA's) and classed myself as self employed (though I didn't do any self employed work).

I've been told that as my employment was all of a temporary nature I can claim tax relief on my mileage. I'm just not sure where to put it on the tax return. I'm going round in circles and if someone can put me straight it would be a real help.

Thanks in advance.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals