edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
16 replies 1.4K views
beer_tinsbeer_tins Forumite
1.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
Hi all,

I'm trying to get hold of thank you cards for people who come to our wedding (or bought us gifts if they didn't!). Ideally we are after plain cards that we can slot our own photo into. I've come across a few, but they are all hideously expensive. does anyone know where we can get these reasonably cheaply?

Thanks!
Running Club targets 2010
5KM - 21:00 21:55 (59.19%)
10KM - 44:00 --:-- (0%)
Half-Marathon - 1:45:00 HIT! 1:43:08 (57.84%)
Marathon - 3:45:00 --:-- (0%)

Replies

• Don't have an answer to your actual question but thought I would mention what we did.

I am a big postcard fan and collect them.We went to New York and St Lucia for our honeymoon and whilst in New York I bought about a 100 postcards (about 10p each) and used them as thank you cards. It made it personal to us.
    Proud mother of twin boys - double the trouble and twice the pleasure! :T
  • than4than4 Forumite
    222 Posts
    Again, not quite what you are looking for, but if you have a digital photo you could order some thank-you cards from VistaPrint or similar.
    They start at £3.49 for 10 and get cheaper the more you order.
  • Fen1Fen1 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a digital camera could you print directly onto plain card?
  • Hello,

We used vista print to pint out a picture from our wedding onto cards then sent them out, was the cheapest option I found when looking for thank you cards, they looked really good too, everyone like them as they new all have a picture from the wedding!
  • SurfbabeSurfbabe Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could you not just write a hand written note on nice paper? So much more personal than a pre-printed card.
  • beer_tinsbeer_tins Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I might go down the route of printing cards with a digital photo from the wedding. Some very good other ideas to think over as well though.
    Running Club targets 2010
    5KM - 21:00 21:55 (59.19%)
    10KM - 44:00 --:-- (0%)
    Half-Marathon - 1:45:00 HIT! 1:43:08 (57.84%)
    Marathon - 3:45:00 --:-- (0%)
  • KatyagKatyag Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Costco do photo cards. Think its around £15 for 50. That includes the photo, card to slot it into and the envelopes. Really good quality and may design borders to chose from.
    Bringing up 2 handsome boys and 1 gorgeous girl the MSE way!
    Joseph born 19th December 2001
    Matthew born 8th August 2007
    Tara born 23rd January 2011
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We printed a digital photo taken by a neighbour onto A4 sheets of paper, 2 to a page so it was A5 size, as a watermark type image, then the same image in full colour much smaller in the corner. This was then notepaper to write individual notes on. I had some comments about how original it was.
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to the Weddings board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • I got a pack of 5 photo cards from Wilkinsons for 75p a couple of weeks ago... But I like some of the ideas on this thread...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals