Christmas in Costa de la Luz

Options
Can anyone help with a Christmas holiday in costa de la Luz I've heard it is a lovely region of Spain but haven't been to that area. We don't want a Christmassy holiday for personal reasons.
Any advice would be appreciated,
Ellie

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jerez and Cadiz are very interesting.
    They celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve evening and the early hours of Christmas Day.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • jaymac_2
    jaymac_2 Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    Options
    The town of Ayamonte is lovely and there's a bridge and a ferry which take you over the river to Portugal. The ferry costs about 1 euro. There are lots of apartments available to rent in and around Isla Canella but when we went (in October) it was very quiet and the weather was a bit unpredictable.
  • ffym
    ffym Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with Jaymac that Ayamonte is lovely, the town is unspoilt and is ideal for visits into the Algarve or eastwards to the rest of the Costa de la Luz. Its beach resort of Isla Canela is being developed big time so there are plenty of Apartments to rent. We stayed in the Riu Atlantico which TUI (Tompson) use. For us it was superb, the staff, location and food first class. I believe it is open all year and has indoor facilities such as a gym & pool etc. If you do go, Seville is fascinating and probably one of the finest places to visit. Don't expect the costa crowds though, even at peak times it is not crowded. Try this link for more "real" opinions: http://www.holidays-uncovered.biz/holiday_reviews/costa_de_la_luz_misc_a.htm
  • Rosie123
    Options
    We were there in August. Lovely area and many nice apartments at Isla Canela. We got cheap flights to Seville and hired a car to drive down. 1 and a half hours approx. If you don't want an apartment the Riu hotel looked lovely. Bear in mind that it gets very windy down there even in summer so the weather might not be up to much. I don't know what would be open that time of year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure