We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The New Presenter of Gardeners World is ....

Options
olly300
olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Toby Buckland.

http://www.gardenersworld.com/toby-buckland/
Official statement

Toby Buckland is the new main presenter for BBC Two's Gardeners' World, after Monty Don stood down earlier this year due to ill health.

I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)

Comments

• nodwah
    nodwah Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Just call me Nodwah the thread killer
  • madmum33
    madmum33 Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    Who??? :confused:

I thought they'd move with the times and choose a woman! :rolleyes:
  • olly300
    Options
    madmum33 wrote: »
    Who??? :confused:

I thought they'd move with the times and choose a woman! :rolleyes:

I did to, but I worked out that a few of the women at the top of the various lists published wouldn't want to do it.

Anyway at least he seems better than Joe Swift............

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Carol Klein would get my vote, but they'd never get all the equipment into her place.....it's down a very narrow lane and across a field!
  • madmum33
    madmum33 Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    I would have liked Carol Klein too, but it seems the powers that be wanted a young man.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not Carol klein! I'm sure she's lovely, but way too much laughing and smiling about nothing at all!!

I like Joe swift and the way he admits he knows nothing about veg growing.

Don't know this new guy, I look forward to him being good. Only thing is I can't stand GW when they don't talk about growing vegtables.... so I tend to miss alot.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • olly300
    Options
    At the beginning of this series of Gardener's World it stated that Carol would be spending more time in her own garden in Devon.

According to the blogs nearly all the show crew spend loads of time commuting to Berryfields for filming so are away from home lots of days of the week.

Joe Swift annoys me. I can't exactly pin point it but his monologue during his allotment piece always makes it look like he is uncomfortable in front of the camera. The rest of them don't have this problem.

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    olly300 wrote: »
    At the beginning of this series of Gardener's World it stated that Carol would be spending more time in her own garden in Devon.

She's a smart lady. Got out of teaching at the right time & bought her house in the right place at the right time too.

I haven't noticed Carol being irritating by laughing & smiling too much. I suspect the over-enthusiasm bit is a throw back to her teaching days. Joe Swift just isn't convincing when he pretends not to know something for the benefit of the cameras.

But I don't watch it much anyway, so I hope those that do, like the new guy.
  • kprice580
    kprice580 Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options

Don't know this new guy, I look forward to him being good. Only thing is I can't stand GW when they don't talk about growing vegtables.... so I tend to miss alot.

I'm new to gardening but have had a keen interest in it, but I must say that in my life I have NEVER watched Gardeners World lol :o

Like lotus-eater I'm not into flowers but if I could get the sypnosis of whats on the programme, then I would happily sit & watch:j

Katy x x
    If you dont ask you dont get to know....
    Sealed pot no277
  • alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Pity he has a boring presenting style.
    Shame GW didn't decide to go with someone different like Matt James. With urban gardens shrinking in size he would have been a great choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport