Help with gas bill please

Options
samuela66
samuela66 Posts: 1,200 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hiya,

Just received my estimated gas bill from british gas, just moved into the property a couple of months ago and they put the metre to 00000, got the bill and was surprised to see it said estimation 00117, the actual reading is 00021, far different from what they thought, the bill was for 48.52, anyone know what it will be now please.......maths is not my strong point at all, it is 6.25 per kw first 228.00 then 2.580 many thanks:confused:
Sam B

Comments

• talulahbeige_2
    Options
    RIng them and give your correct reading, they will then be able to tell you the new amount and will send you a new bill
  • kymbogs
    kymbogs Posts: 538 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, if your first 228kwh are 6.25p each and you've only used 21 units I come up with £13.125p but do make sure to ring them :)
    :heartpulsSpoiling my two baby girls with love - it's free and it's fun!:heartpuls

I'm not very good at succinct. Why say something in 10 words when 100 will do?
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    Options
    kymbogs wrote: »
    Hiya, if your first 228kwh are 6.25p each and you've only used 21 units I come up with £13.125p but do make sure to ring them :)

Don't give up the day job! The 21 units need to be converted into kWh first - new bill £15.26.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • kymbogs
    kymbogs Posts: 538 Forumite
    Options
    Luckily my day job doesn't involve converting units into kwh :P

Actually I've always assumed that a kwh was the same as a unit but that's only cos I've never been told differently. So what's the conversion rate from kwh to units?

Edit: are there 1.16 units to each kwh?
    :heartpulsSpoiling my two baby girls with love - it's free and it's fun!:heartpuls

I'm not very good at succinct. Why say something in 10 words when 100 will do?
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    Options
    kymbogs wrote: »
    Luckily my day job doesn't involve converting units into kwh :P

Actually I've always assumed that a kwh was the same as a unit but that's only cos I've never been told differently. So what's the conversion rate from kwh to units?

That depends if you have an imperial or a metric meter (cu Ft or cu M). Approx x32 for an imperial and approx x11 for a metric.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure