PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make your own toiletries

Options
HappySad
HappySad Posts: 2,021 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
edited 29 August 2023 at 4:28PM in Old style MoneySaving
Do you know how to make your own toiletries? & where do you buy the ingredience from?

I have found that bannana, olive oil, porrage, avocado mixed make a good facemask. Salt or sugar make a good exfoliant.

How about shampoo, bubblebath & soap.

Sorry can you move this post to OldStyle for me.
“…the ‘insatiability doctrine – we spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to make impressions that don’t last, on people we don’t care about.” Professor Tim Jackson

“The best things in life is not things"

Comments

• Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    You can get allot of base product from

https://www.essentiallyoils.com products such as face cream base, shower get base, bubble bath base etc. They will also give you any advise you may need with mixing any products together, they also sell a range of books with recepies in. Of course they also sell essentila oils much cheaper than buying in the shops and you don't have to be in the trade to buy from them.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went through a phase of making my own toiletries and also saved all the bottles from other things and wrapped them up nicely to give as presents. You can get a lot of the ingredients from pharmacies. If they don't have the ingredient in they can order it for you. There are also some toiletry making websites and also if you buy a magazine about crafts there will usually be some mail order places in it. I didn't have the internet when I was doing it and got everything I needed from the pharmacy counter of Boots.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family