Phonebird Rates Question

in Phones & TV
7 replies 735 views
Phonebird offers calls to certain countries for the cost of a UK local call.

Anyone know if this is the BT local call rate (i.e. charged to your BT bill) or your CPS local call rate (e.g. if you have JDS then these calls would be free at evenings/weekends)?

Edit to add: Just noticed all the Phonebird local rate access numbers are 0845 so I guess that's the rate that will be charged. So for me it would currently be Dialaround's 0845 rate in peak time and BT's 0845 for evenings/weekends. Is that a correct assumption?

:cool:

TOG
604!

Replies

• post a link - they probably mean via an 0845 or 0844 number, rather than an area code which would give them no revenue
  • Yes access is via a 0845 number. https://www.phonebird.co.uk

As you say cheapest way to call 0845 from a landline is Peak: Dialaround you can also use Dialwise (Both 2p a minute) .Evening and Weekends: BT.
    PF.
  • Cheers p_f

Haven't looked yet but I assume if you were to set up Phonebird as a carrier code in Orchid with the 0845 numbers you are interested in, and then set that carrier to route calls to a particular country code through that Phonebird carrier then you would end up getting billed by your CPS. Can't see how else to set it up?

TOG
    604!
  • but wouldn't that only be the cheapest option off-peak? - ie when 0845 is 1p/min -

the rest of the time other options will be less, 0844 1p/min numbers (billed by CPS), or 18185/1899 (separately)
  • 2ax wrote:
    but wouldn't that only be the cheapest option off-peak? - ie when 0845 is 1p/min -

the rest of the time other options will be less, 0844 1p/min numbers (billed by CPS), or 18185/1899 (separately)

Surely that depends on what Destination you are calling.Phonebird 0845 access is the cheapest to some destinations EG. Xmas Islands.So if you can get costs down a bit more by accessing it through another supplier at peak rate. why not.(Dont know what the sound quality would be like though?)

If you made lots of calls through it, you could get costs down a bit more evenings and weekends by nominating it as your BT 0845 friends and family number. :D
    PF.
  • I would only use Phonebird if the 0845 number to a specific country came out as the cheapest carrier in the MSE Int'nl Call Checker. What I'm trying to get my head round is how I could set up calls to that country in my Orchid so I just dial the country code + number I'm calling but still route the call thru Dialaround peak and BT offpeak with the dialler applying the specific Phonebird 0845 access number to the call. I can't figure out a way of doing it.

TOG
    604!
  • I don't know the Orchid dialler, but it sounds like what you're trying to do is program a pause in the middle of the dialling - is that possible? A mobile can do it; so can the computer modem ...

like Dialaround > Phonebird : 0844.......p0845.......
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides