🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DMP - accepted to Payplan - now what?

Options
I had my 'interview' on Friday with a nice chap from Payplan who has agreed that I am eligible for a DMP.

However, as I have had one of my 0% c cards for a month (in the hope of managing bulk of debt), I have to wait another 2 months before Payplan can take control of the payments.

In the meantime I pay my minimum to this lender but can't remember if the guy I spoke to said all my creditors should receive the minimum or whether I start my DMP now myself. I am trying to figure out next months budget as well as organise opening another bank account and transferral of direct debits.

My case has been passed onto the Special Advice Team. Is the normal process.

Does anyone else have experience/advice about this?

I am going to give Payplan a call but am at work at present so didn't want to do from my desk :)
:A kimmi_b

Comments

• kimmi_b
    kimmi_b Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Well I bit the bullet and called Payplan - it meant leaving my desk to make a personal call which I will prob get told off about but hey ho, better to have my mind concentrating on the job now :)

Basically I understood a lot more on the phone on Friday than I first thought and have had my questions answered by a very nice lady. Am suitably impressed with service/support from Payplan so far and hope that they are starting as they mean to go on!!
    :A kimmi_b
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    I have heard some very good things about payplan.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills