Advice Please Urgent

Options
Hi

I have recently had a letter on behalf of Capital One, from CapQuest?? saying that unless I pay what I owe in 7 days, its going to county court :eek: :eek:

Does a county court judgement (i presume that is what they mean) just apply to the person the debt belongs to.....or does it go on the address as well????

I absolutely cannot have any ccjs at the address i currently reside at.

Please help

Comments

• LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    as far as i know its person specific just like all other debt.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Crapquest are very good at this scaremongering - it may well be that you can call them on Monday and make an arrangment to pay in instalments....they are trying to scare you into paying the full amount in one go.

If you are making reasonable attempts to pay, eg by a debt management plan or arranged reduced payments, then the court will look at this favourably, so if that is the case, make sure you take all your paperwork with you.

A CCJ is against the person, not the address, so no need to be concerned there.

Someone with more knowledge of these things than I have will be along shortly, I am sure.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure