Reclaim My Charges

Hello, i am planning on sending off to get a copy of all the fines and charges i have paid in order of getting some back

what i want to know is, i shall be requesting charges for 2 current accounts at barclays that are now closed but closed less then 2 years ago, and one barclaycard account.

Do i have to pay the £10 fee three times? or as all three are barclays accounts i just pay once?

thanks peeps

Comments

• esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Just one payment

The Subject Access Request is just that - it covers you as an individual not an account number. Just give them all the info they need to find your accounts and personal information held on you and send one £10 fee. Oh and don't ask for copy statements, in your list of things you want include List of all Transactions on all accounts.

Best wishes

xx
    LegalBeagles
  • esmerellda wrote: »
    Just one payment

The Subject Access Request is just that - it covers you as an individual not an account number. Just give them all the info they need to find your accounts and personal information held on you and send one £10 fee. Oh and don't ask for copy statements, in your list of things you want include List of all Transactions on all accounts.

Best wishes

xx
    are you sure, becuase if you look at this it lists barclaycard and barclays as different addresses?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=400981
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    In which case it could be one for the accounts and one for the card.

Personally I would do one, same company, and if you had a debt on your barclaycard and a nice healthy balance in your current account I'm sure they'd soon swipe it over. Its entirely up to you, be simpler to keep card and accounts seperate for reclaiming purposes tbh.
    LegalBeagles
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    I'd only send £10 for the lot. Haven't they had enough of your money already? :eek:
  • eeeek i made a double post so sorry, but i will continue with this thread becuase i forgot i started it :D

i contacted Barclays, for a list of all the charges i have payed,
    barclays agreed, after recieving my cheque of £10, but Barclay card are refusing to give me my details as there is "no cheque"

obviously the message was forwarded from barclays to barclaycard, and barclays remvoed the cheque originally

what shall i do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport