Bank Charges Reclaiming Please HELP

Hi wondered if anybody could help me out is it only 6 years back from say for example todays date 31/07/08 that would make it all statements from 31/07/02 or can i also go back before that date too cos i actuall joined my bank in 96 and i know i have had alot of charges over these years and im trying to pick the years where ive been charged the most thats all cos i asked barclays to also send me out statements before 2002 and they have refused point blank saying the bank only have to send me 6 years from todays date also the money they charge you to send out the statements can they do that or can i also claim that back too thanx everybody for all you help on this

truereddevil

Comments

• Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The banks only need to send statements as far back as 6 years unfortunately. If they're refusing to go back any further, there's not much you can do.
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    You are entitled to everything as far back as they hold them. If they are refusing to give you anything past 6 years push them for them, if they don't hold the info beyond six years you can ask for a certificate of destruction.

In your DPA SAR rquest did you ask for statement copies or for everything relating to yourself that the bank hold on you.

Barclays hold stuff back for 17 or so years (someone will check that I'm sure but its quite a long time) They say 6 years because they think you are only entitled to claim back up to six years of charges due to statute of limitations - this is also arguable.

If you want a letter with a bit more oopmh shout.
    LegalBeagles
  • Thanx esmerelda i just asked for all my statements going back 6 years from now then i realised they may have been more charges before then too in the last 6 years my charges have been 750 and ive checked them charges and there right but going back another 6 years before that its probably double or treble that and thats what i want to check so if i demand them statements i should be able to get them is that right thanx for your help
  • gettingbetter
    gettingbetter Posts: 1,449
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    OMG :eek: i was with the Clydesdale for 38 years can i really ask them for all that info

:D would love to get one over on them cause they dont deal with people like me (their words not mine) i am br

kas
    br no 188 ;) AD 17th apr 09:D
    :Dmortgage free 22/5/09:D
    :Ddebt free 11/8/09:D
    :j#18 £2 saver = £ :T sealed pot #333
    silent member of mikes mob
    i will lose weight :rolleyes: i will sort my house :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing