🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

from girona to barcelona

Options
Ok,
I admit defeat!! I am going to use Ryanair!!! This seems the only way to get from the midlands to bacelona(except BA) but I have looked on there site and I need advice as to the journey to Barcelona from Girona. Looks like I have to get a bus to the bus station form the airport, then on to barca, is this true/ How difficult is it? Are the busses clearley marked? How much in total? how long the entire journey? Any advice will receive a big fat thanks!! :confused:
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.

Comments

• rede
    rede Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.sagales.com/index.asp?docId=87&MenuID=87&seccio=2

taken from a link on ryanair page, destinations, girona

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/dests.php?loc=GRO

can't remember cost (seem to remember it being quite expensive) but very easy as with most Ryanair buses. buy your ticket from kiosk in airport by baggage reclaim.
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.sagales.com/Data/Files/142_Barcelona-Girona_airport_(Ingles)_A_patir_del_10_Octubre_2005.pdf

Nice print off timetable to show the bus relating to your flight. the bus is direct from the airport to Barcelona from what I can tell(and I'll let you know in 10 days when I get back from attempting the same journey myself)

Prices at the bottom 11Yo-yos one way, 19Yo-yos return
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks you guys, i must have had my stupid head on, saw the timetables, thought you had to change from the airport to the bus station, then on. Realise now that it is just giving you info for bus to girona, if you want to go to there.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • lancsman_2
    Options
    There is a kiosk in the arrivals hall for the bus, you can't miss it. You need to get the ticket before boarding the bus. I think it took just over an hour, depends of course on traffic.
  • alictait
    alictait Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there

we did the journey in June - you get the tickets from the kiosk in the airport (I would go there as soon as you get off the plane - it gets busy) then just get on the first bus you see when you come out (you can't miss them - there are usually loads). The bus took 1 hour 10 mins to get into the bus station (just beside the arc de triomphe metro station) and its easy walking distance to the ramblas etc if need be (10mins). Have fun!
    If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport