HELP Please! RBS re Bank charges

Hey all - got in money trouble a few months ago and RBS have charged me over 500 pounds, I did what MSE did and sent the standard letter - they have responded saying I need to fill in a form of income/expenditure etc and they will review it.

But there's a paragraph saying "If you fill out this form, we will have no option but to review your current status with the bank, ie we may cancel any direct debits, standing orders, overdrafts etc".

Can they do this and should I fill the form out?

Cheers - Fi :confused:
Total Quidco earnings - £547.98

Everyone is scared of someone or something, everyone loves someone or something, and everyone has lost someone or something! BE NICE!

Comments

• They can cancel direct debits and standing orders but am not sure why they would do this as a result of claiming hardship
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • far2812
    far2812 Posts: 919
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Thanks - but that's what the letter says and I dont want them to cancel direct debits or standing orders so it's a bit of chicken and egg really. x
    Total Quidco earnings - £547.98

Everyone is scared of someone or something, everyone loves someone or something, and everyone has lost someone or something! BE NICE!
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They do, although I think it's really just a threat.

They threaten that they may review your situation, which may result in them closing your existing account and opening a new one with no lending facilities.

It's up to you what you do re this, but I sent a covering letter with the I&E form advising that I would complain to the FSA and FOS if they closed my account as it would result in further hardship.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport