Cover Letters help Please.

Hi

I'm on the process of sorting a job application out and i need to send a cover letter.
Has anyone got any tips for writing one?- it's marketing assistant for a public transport company.

Many thanks

James

p.s before anyone says it - I'm not asking you to write it but for pointers on putting it together.:smiley::smiley:

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Is it (1)the sort of cover letter which is actually a statement about why you are suitable for the job, or (2) is there a section in the application form for this? Or (3) are you sending it as the cover letter to the CV?

If the answer is (1) or (3), my answer is very standard - take the person specification and demonstrate very clearly how you meet each point through your previous experience. If the answer is (2), you should make sure that you have covered all the (1)/(3) stuff in your application already. Write a nice letter basically saying 'here's my application', and include some stuff to show you have done your homework on the employer, and telling them why they particularly appeal to you.

Is that the sort of answer you were hoping for? :D
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure