Anyone stayed at My Travel Explorer Hotel/Been on Eurostar with Toddlers?

Options
Hi all,

Wanting some advice from anyone who has stayed at the My Travel Hotel in EuroDisney. I am ashamed to admit that I want to know if the TV get's the BBC becuase I don't want to miss :o Eastenders. (Yes, OK, I hide my head in shame) It get's good the week we go away and the kids are in bed by 7.00 regardless so I want to know if I can watch it or have to go and buy a DVD Recorded as the kids broke the video. Can anyone let me know.

Also, do they have places where I can buy Fresh Cows Milk for the kids? Stupid qiuestion I know but want to be prepared with UHT if I need to.

Also, we are going on the Eurostar travelling 1st class - is there a lounge where we can keep the kids contained or is it pretty much like any other train station. Sorry, we have not been on Eurostar before and want to know what to take to keep the kids occupied, one is almost 3 the other is 20 months.

Many thanks.

Comments

• lestamunda
    Options
    We went first class in April, and no lounge!!!!! It is pretty much like a normal station, first class only gives the comfy seats on the train, no other perks, not even a queue jump (this is only for biz class!).

The downside is this - outgoing you get english hospitality, so good food and good kids packs. On the return, you get manky french hospitality - just a battered cheese roll, kitkat and drink (really crap, recommend you be prepared for the return journey)

The hotel does have BBC, We stayed at the Disney Holiday Inn up the road, and they had it (I think these hotels are connected).

Another tip, take your own rainmacs - the resort ones are a rip off.

Most restaurants and cafes in the park and in the eating area have fresh milk.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent, thanks for getting back to me you have answered all of my questions in one hit, really pleased, thank you. Shame about the food, we was getting quite excited about that but it is nice to know that we should be prepared, we shall eat before we go home. Likewise, it is nice to know about the milk and brilliant for the BBC - shameful, any other week I would not have been bothered!! I have my own rain coats for the kids and we are already prepared with buggies, thanks once again you have been really helpful.
  • paulie558
    paulie558 Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    We stayed there last year.I'm sure the TV has BBC channels,although we did'nt watch it much.
    The rooms are nice,but watch out for food costs(in common with the rest of the hotels there)
    The themed pirate ship restuarant is a nice touch though.
    Shuttle buses serve the row of 4 hotels at no charge,they are about a mile from the park.
    The buses can get busy.
  • lestamunda
    Options
    Excellent, thanks for getting back to me you have answered all of my questions in one hit, really pleased, thank you. Shame about the food, we was getting quite excited about that but it is nice to know that we should be prepared, we shall eat before we go home. Likewise, it is nice to know about the milk and brilliant for the BBC - shameful, any other week I would not have been bothered!! I have my own rain coats for the kids and we are already prepared with buggies, thanks once again you have been really helpful.

The outgoing food was spot on - very nice, made by our side.
    It is the return food that is a let down, made by their side!!!!!!!!!
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    watch out for food costs(in common with the rest of the hotels there)
    Yes, we went to USA about 6 years ago, we stayed in Disney and were so disgusted we actually checked out and went up to Internatioal Drive instead which is where I wished I stayed in the first place.

In regard to the food on the way back, It is after tea time so I guess we won't be too hungry anyway but don't worry - I already have a stash of food planned!!

We had the same thing in USA with the buses, I think you get lucky if you leave early - thankfully we are early risers but with the kdis getting up at 5.30 am mayb this means they will get up at 6.30 am instead..... a girl can dream right!!

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport