Ulster Bank Mortgages / Surveys

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
9 replies 953 views
Rose999Rose999 Forumite
168 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Hi, I really hope that some of you knowledgeable people can offer some advice. We saw a house for sale that we liked, put in offer and had it accepted. We accepted an offer on our own house the day it went up for sale. That was mid Aug. The survey has been done on both the house we are buying and our house. Both were completed before end Aug and were fine.

The people buying our house experienced some problems with their buyers however had a bidding war on their house and were able to go to the next people who agreed to buy. That was end Aug.

We are all just waiting for the survey to be done on our buyers house (since end AUG). We are being told that their buyer is getting their mortgage through the Ulster Bank and they are famous for being really really slow. On top of this, their computer systems are playing up everything is being held up.

My question is if anyone has any experience with the Ulster Bank and can you confirm if this is true? Seems to me that 6-7 weeks to wait for a survey to be done is an awfully long time - what do you think?

Thanks for any advice.
:p

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys