Breast Augmentation - Enhamcement

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
20 replies 2.3K views
tamzin3132tamzin3132 Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has had the 'boob' job and if so where and at what cost.

I've been quoted £4000 by the harvey medical group. The surgeon will do the business in Manchester.

Anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

'T'

Replies

• skintchickskintchick Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

I had mine done in 2002. Cost about £5,000. I am very happy indeed :j

Don't use the Harley Medical Group, or indeed any of those people who advertise in the backs of magazines. :confused:

Here's why.

There are two organisations you need to become familiar with. One is the British Association of Plastic Surgeons (BAPS) and the other is the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS). You may now laugh at the acronyms :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What you want is a surgeon you KNOW will do a good job. Members of BAPS and BAAPS will definitely do a good job, THey have to pay to join, and it's a lot of money, they are reputable and represent a lot of surgeons.

Now, there may well be many good surgeons at Transform et al, although I have heard enough horror stories about these places, especially Transform, to make me reluctant to let them pluck my eyebrows, let alone cut me open.

BUT if you are a member of BAPS or BAAPs, the rules of those organisations say you are not allowed to advertise. Don't ask me why, but they aren't allowed to. :confused:

You can get lists of surgeons in your area off the BAAPS website.

You can also ask your GP for recommendations. I did that, and it was very useful.

And you can also ask your questions on http://cosmeticsupport.com/webbbs1/config.pl
    which should take you to the right forum direct, but if not go to the homepage and click on forums, then on BA and BR.

I had mine done in London, at the Wellington Hospital, by Dai Davies, who is great. :T

You need to make sure that your surgeon is a boob man :rotfl:
    I mean, that he does a lot of boob jobs. He may be a great nose job man, but noses and boobs aren't the same, and you want someone who is practised in making lovely boobs!!

If you want to PM me, I'd be happy to chat about it with you. I did lots of research before I had mine done, then appeared in the Daily Mirror over three pages writing my boob job diary, so I had to knwo what I was talking about!

The forum I mentioned was invaluable in helpig me make my decisoins and prepare for the operation itself.

If you want any more info, just ask.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Ted_HutchinsonTed_Hutchinson
    7.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
    15.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See? Told you they're the experts.
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Jim_B_3Jim_B_3 Forumite
    404 Posts
    Tamzin,

It'd be foolish to spend all that money if you don't need to. Tell you what, send me a picture of your boobs as they are now, and I'll scrutinise them (really, really carefully) and let you know.

J.
  • Jim_B wrote:
    Tamzin,

It'd be foolish to spend all that money if you don't need to. Tell you what, send me a picture of your boobs as they are now, and I'll scrutinise them (really, really carefully) and let you know.

J.

Seems like a genuine offer to me...some people are just so helpful
  • gkfgkf Forumite
    404 Posts
    My daughter had hers done at the Nuffield in Chester by Dougas McGeorge who is the President Elect of BAAPS, the best man for the op I reckon, he is always busy. Don't know if you are able to travel to Chester, Warrington or Thingwall in Wirral, he operates at all three places on different days.
  • Bendybops19Bendybops19 Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Tamzin, if this is something you feel very strongly about and you will feel much better after it, then go for it girl!!

But you are right in asking for advice, you have got to research loads. I was considering having a breast reduction because they are just too big, but after researching, i decided against it because i am just so squemish i wouldnt have coped.

Good Luck, and i hope you find a fab surgeon. x
    :starmod: :staradmin :starmod:
    I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers
    :starmod: :staradmin :starmod:
  • gkfgkf Forumite
    404 Posts
    Bendybops, I have had a breast reduction about 8 weeks ago, really pleased, a doddle!
    15.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's your recovery going? It's a much bigger op than a BA isn;t it. Are you OK? Pleased with them then!
  • gkfgkf Forumite
    404 Posts
    Recovery going well, took a little while for one of the wounds to heal, but all healed now, just need the scars to fade. No pain at all, very easy - good old Mr McGeorge.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides