Smile?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
5 replies 1.1K views
spiritspirit Forumite
2.9K Posts
Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
Hi all,

I've had my eyes lasered thanks in part to the relevent thread on the subject. I'm now thinking of having my teeth veneered. Has anyone had this done? Does the price vary at all? Can you go to the 'cheapest' dentist or do you have to pay whatever your usual dentist charges?

Chris
Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j

Replies

• RafterRafter Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Teeth veneering is a very expensive and quite extreme process.

If you teeth are health you may be better with orthodontics or just some professional teeth whitening.

Unlike eye-lasering, you are reliant more on the skill of the dentist so not sure the cheapest dentist will be the best option.

If you like and trust your existing dentist, best to go talk to them about your options and the cost, and then get a second opinion if you are not sure or want to make sure you are paying a fair price.

Good luck.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • My mum and my sil have both had this done. They are pleased with the results. they went to their 'normal' dentist
    Can't resist a bargain.........
  • spiritspirit Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    thanks all,

i'll make my own dentist my first port of call then.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • Hi, where did you end up having your eyes done? I keep thinking about having it done - but chicken out!

I also am interested in something called a mini - implant for my teeth. had one tooth missing since I was 13, currently have a removable tooth which i always worry about loosing - once got so drunk at a works christmas party was so hungover the next morning ended up vomiting and flushing it away! (sorry for being disgusting) had too take three days off work until a new one could be made.

Why is it people with bad eyes also have bad teeth - isn't one problem enougth!
  • spiritspirit Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Surpam,

if you check out the great hunt section called the great laser eye surgery - you'll find all the info on there. I had it done at Optimax because I learned about their offer on e-bay - of all places!

Hmnn, tooth implant sounds good, i have a removable one - I think it's called a Maryland bridge? but it's a bit of a fag and you can see the silver clip anyway. they are laughing at me at work here because I can't decide whether to have this dental work done or my worktops/sink replaced!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals