!!!!sos!!christmas Holidays!!!!!!help!!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
6 replies 1K views
mikey9863mikey9863 Forumite
89 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
I want to go away for the christmas period. It doesnt matter where as long as it is not in Northern Ireland( or the Mainland for that matter, or down south) i have one wife and two kids (13 and 11) to entertain on Christmas day. We are buying no presents for anyone else except ourselves and we will condsider any type of holiday suggested. The price needs to be reasonable as possible not like Going Places who wanted £4000 for florida(7 days) this did not include food or fun parks or car hire.

If any of my fellow money savers have any ideas please post as i will be extremely grateful

yours
Mikey9863
On a slow boat to China

Replies

• IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea of cost but what about
    Eurodisney
    Dominican Republic
    Barbados
    Las Vegas
    I have seen reasonable deals on all of these being advertised recently

Ivan
    Don't waste time on other peoples first world problems
  • Lucie_2Lucie_2 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Mikey
    We went to Florida last Christmas for £300 each - flights, car hire & hotel. It was a (very) late booking & I can only assume the price was something to do with travelling home on Christmas day. If you're prepared to wait then I'm sure you'll find a bargain.
    You could try posting your request on the travel, trips & holidays board for a better response.
  • Easyjet are now flying into geneva from belfast. Hire a car from there or get the train/bus to some ski resort. Have a white Christmas.

(you could check out Ski McNeill for some ideas. They're on the Lisburn Rd in Belfast and have a website. They might even have some good deals on ski holidays for a family. Or ask them what resorts you fly into Geneva for and how long the transfer time would be. Oh heres the website http://www.skimcneill.com/
  • thanx for all the tips . it is most appreciated
    On a slow boat to China
  • badabingbadabing Forumite
    595 Posts
    i like the 1 wife comment!!!!!! Is 1 not enough???
    It's a great day for singing a song / It's a great day for moving along / It's a great day for morning to night / It's a great day for everybody's plight.

Your father pedals car telephones at a 300 percent markup. Your mother works on heavy commission at a camera store. Graduated to it from espresso machines. Hah!
  • My sister took her family to Eurodisney. It was an expensive 3 days, and she was not impressed, though the children loved it.

The food wan't up to much, it was packed (as you might imagine), and they were glad to come home.

I think they paid about £1500 and have vowed never to return.
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals