🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Airline to Bruges?

Options
Any ideas, Ive got elderly friends who want to go but dont want to drive. Manchester, Birmingham, East Mids or Cov preferably.

Comments

• aerostar
    aerostar Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no airport actually at Bruges. Ostend-(Bruges) airport has no international flights.

You could fly to Brussels and then get the train to Bruges, train journey around the hour.
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The cheapest way to Bruges is by North Sea Ferries from Hull, if taking one of the 2 or 3 day mini breaks coach travel to Bruges Railway Station from the Port is included in the ticket.

If they do not want to drive check out National Express as they have connecting routes to Hull Ferry Terminal .

shammy
  • Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Hi , just an idea which you have probably thought about .....How about train down to London , guessing it would be Euston? Nice cab ride to Waterloo , and then hey presto Eurostar to Bruges. What could be more relaxing than sitting on the train , watching the world go by? I think there is one change , once in Belgium, but I am sure Eurostar could provide assistance . The Station in Bruges is fairly central and there are loads and loads of quality hotels to stay at . Good Luck x
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last time we went to Bruges we flew from Liverpool to Charleroi with Ryanair & then hired a car & drove up to Bruges. There were buses, but I imagine you would have to go into Brussels & change.
    This year we're driving to Hull & going over on the ferry - overnight (with cabin) to Zeebruge, transfer to Bruges, 1 night in Bruges & then overnight again on the way home. They're doing 2 for 1 at the minute (I think it's P&O) so it's mega cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport