HELP..helath promotion tool for children (I am a student nurse)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
2 replies 671 views
emma_b_4emma_b_4 Forumite
1.3K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
Hi! My assessment is to design and make a health promotion tool for children, open age, to use. just wanderedif any1 had any ideas? i was thinking a jigsaw or game like snakes and ladders, linked with helathy eating , healthy choices etc.

Could do with some inspiration though!! Thankyou

i know its not moneysaving....

Replies

• walsgravemattwalsgravematt Forumite
    301 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hi there,

I am a youth worker and as part of my role I run a (healthy eating) breakfast club in a local secondary school.

Just putting a couple of brain cells together, how about something like a multiple choice quiz, whereby if they get it right they get a plastic / wooden piece (slice / segment etc) of an apple or orange, and whoever completes their fruit first is the winner

Each slice (or whatever) of fruit could also have a healthy eating message scribed into it that would support a message.

Also, how about a large floor based board game that the children or youth journey along (with a big dice or number spinner) - not sure about the design or content of this though - more a concept.

If not this, I would suggest probably avoiding a game that jumped onto a current fad (scoubies / pop grouops etc) as they become dated very quickly.

HTH

WM
    Smile - life's good !
  • emma_b_4emma_b_4 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    hi
    yes i like your ideas thankyou!
    i have 5 assessments to do so on a brain freeze at the mo..information overload i think!
    i dont know enough about scoobies etc to use those and it isnt due till early next yr, so theyll probly be out ofmfashion by then anyway!!
    thankyou very much..keep them coming!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals