Obnoxious Bullying Buyer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
17 replies 1.3K views
jasons_2jasons_2 Forumite
190 Posts
Sold a couple of pairs of jeans yesterday, I've had the buyer demanding a postage reduction (mine were £4.50 1st Recorded.
He originally demanded a reduction- he didnt ask, and has been very bullish/ demeaning in his messages..(even though on his auctions for jeans he charges £5 Second class and admitted to making a couple of quid extra on each one).

He's been really rude and demanding that he only pays £2.40 per item, even though I've calculated the postage and it comes to £6.50 for the postage alone. (1st recorded).

I did say he could have asked before bidding (which he ignored).

After his last message I refunded his money through Paypal as I gave him a couple of options on where we could go forward but he ignored it.

Anyway, how can I cancel now before he decides to neg me as a non performing seller??

( i was only having a clear-out but it seems more hassle than its worth!)

Thanks,

Replies

• frivolous_fayfrivolous_fay Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    When he paid, did he pay too little?
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately you can't cancel a sale once the auciton has finished, all you can do is work with thebuyer and try and resolve this. If not then it will have to be the NPB route (asusming he has not yet paid the full amount) and a possible neg for your trouble. All you can do is be firm and stick to your guns.

Like fay says did the buyer pay the full amount ? If so you can't even do an NPB on him as he can prove you refused payment and appeal the dispute.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • greedbay wrote: »
    I 've been getting a lot of nuisance buyers demanding postage refunds.

I only give them one option, pay me what is stated in the auction, I always clearly label P+P.

If they fail to pay they will get an unpaid item strike, it's amazing how many buyers all of a sudden pay me on the same day they receive strikes.

I totally agree with greedbay

you have clearly stated p&p so he the buyer can shove his threats up his [EMAIL="a@rse"][email protected][/EMAIL] he sound's like a scammer trying it on..:mad: :mad: :mad:
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
    IM JUST FEELING SLIGHTLY ROUGH TODAY
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is a scammer, just a buyer who realises that he now holds all the cards. As long as he makes payment by paypal there is nothing at all that the seller can do to hurt him, yet the buyer can happily leave negative feedback on a whim.

This is one thing that many sellers feared would happen if sellers lost the right to leave accurate feedback.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • soolin wrote: »
    I don't think it is a scammer, just a buyer who realises that he now holds all the cards. As long as he makes payment by paypal there is nothing at all that the seller can do to hurt him, yet the buyer can happily leave negative feedback on a whim.

This is one thing that many sellers feared would happen if sellers lost the right to leave accurate feedback.

yep a scammer he knows the game and is using ebays stupied rules to his advantage:mad: :mad:
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
    IM JUST FEELING SLIGHTLY ROUGH TODAY
  • jasons_2jasons_2 Forumite
    190 Posts
    Unfortunately, he's realsied he was refunded and given me 2 fat negs...

Anything I can do to get it removed?
  • ch0ccych0ccy Forumite
    103 Posts
    Unfortunately I don't think you can get it removed, but someone with more experience may be able to confirm this.

What's his username? One of the blocked list I think...
  • Brooker_DaveBrooker_Dave Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    jasons wrote: »
    it seems more hassle than its worth!

Ebay summed up...
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • kevinyorkkevinyork Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    jasons wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he's realsied he was refunded and given me 2 fat negs...

Anything I can do to get it removed?

No the Negs will stay unfortunately. There is no system for you and him to agree to remove them now and eBay wont remove them for you.

Welcome to the eBay improved buyer experience. All buyers are good buyers and sellers are the lowest of the low. I feel for you in your position. and you are not alone. As Choccy asks, give us his username so we can choose to block him as a buyer. Little consolation I know.
  • gunsandbanjosgunsandbanjos Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    Make sure you follow up the neg with a factual reply underneath though.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals