Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 17th Jun 08, 11:39 AM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    Home Insurance Cashback Success
    • 17th Jun 08, 11:39 AM
    Home Insurance Cashback Success 17th Jun 08 at 11:39 AM

This discussion relates to cashback success for home insurance as mentioned in the

Cheap Home Insurance Article

To report your success click reply

To discuss home insurance or ask a question read this thread
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 25-03-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Page 8
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Nov 15, 4:03 PM
    • 44,813 Posts
    • 155,229 Thanks
    beanielou
    Just got my combined buildings & contents insurance renewal in.
    Have shopped rond and saved well over £100 & reduced my interest free payments from around £30 quid pm to under £20 with additional cover.
    Go me
    Old insurer could not have cared less~~& I have saved broker fee!!
    No cashback but very happy
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • joyciebabe
    • By joyciebabe 12th Nov 15, 10:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joyciebabe
    Home Insurance
    When your renewal comes up I recommend buying your buildings and contents policies as separate items. It takes a bit more time searching all comparison sites but I have done this two years running saving £85 last year.

This year's renewal quote was £279.00 with a new combined policy only £20 or so quid cheaper. Bought separately I got the lot for £91 without any loss of difference in cover.

My friend did the same recently and saved over £200

• allydowd
    • By allydowd 12th Mar 16, 1:05 PM
    • 3,544 Posts
    • 21,187 Thanks
    allydowd
    In December I bought home insurance from the AA through CompareTheMeerkat for £58. (My initial quote was £120.) The £58 policy was meant to give me £12 Quidco Cashback. However, after extensive attempts it was declined. Then I got an email from Littlewoods Catalogue saying I was entitled to a £20 online discount code as I was an AA customer. Again, after much time-wasting the code failed. So I in January I emailed Littlewoods to complain and to ask for a code that would work. I heard nothing until last week when I got an apology. Today I received a £30 cheque from them. This means I paid £28 for our insurance.

MSE Badger can I have my Home Insurance Hacker badge please?
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    Holiday Savings Account of Joy: £2500
    Vouchers for Decemberfest: £32

"
    Everything works out well in the end; if all is not well, it's not the end."
    • David French
    • By David French 11th Apr 16, 2:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    David French
    Hi I had my home insurance form through from Churchill, I used your site to do a comparison & online Churchill offered a better package for £210 pa less. I called but they were unable to assist, so I called the online sign up free phone they not only beat the main renewal quote but also the online so I have a total saving of £259.51. Many thanks for your assistance. Regards David
    • ashton53
    • By ashton53 5th Oct 16, 3:56 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 5,911 Thanks
    ashton53
    I had my Home Insurance renewal from Churchill back in September. The cheeky so-and-sos had raised it to £264 even though we've never made a claim in all the years with had Home Insurance.

I used MSE to do a comparison and we ended up going with AA for combined Buildings and Contents Insurance (plus a few insurance extras as I often carry an expensive DSLR with me when we are out on our walks, etc). The cost of the AA cover - £103! Plus I earned a £38.38 cashback saving thanks to going via TopCashback.co.uk and a 50% off our next AA roadside breakdown renewal!

So technically it's only cost me £65 (with the roadside breakdown saving still to come). What a lovely saving - thank you MSE!
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 5th Oct 16, 4:02 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    I used MSE to do a comparison and we ended up going with AA for combined Buildings and Contents Insurance
    Originally posted by ashton53
    Just be careful if you claim under this policy. It's one of few in the market where you pay a excess per section, not per claim.

For example, if you have a £100 voluntary excess, they have a £250 escape of water (EoW) excess, you'll pay £350 excess under buildings, and £350 under contents if you're claiming for both sections for EoW.

Most policies nowadays will only charge an excess per claim.
    • patinsuffolk
    • By patinsuffolk 11th Oct 16, 12:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    patinsuffolk
    One up on Tesco
    Renewal quote from Tesco; £127. Confused.com Tesco, 117. LV on Comparethemarket.com; £109. Rang tesco; they dropped their quote because of slightly changed circumstances to £122 and gave me a £30 voucher for Tesco, where I do much of my shopping anyway. The whole process took about an hour: £15 an hour...double national minimum wage, so worth it for a pensioner. As I have been through your process twice before for home insurance, there wasnt the usual gnashing of teeth that usually accompanies form filling either.
    I only went to the first three comparison sites, as I still have a life to get on with...just.
    Thanks Mr Lewis.
    • sly fox
    • By sly fox 25th Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sly fox
    Hmm - i've tried your full comparison link for Buildings insurance, got quotes around £150-220 for the first 10 results.
    So, i then tried the direct options (Aviva and Direct line). No wonder they are giving away vouchers - the quotes came back for £372 - Direct line and £290 for Aviva.

Not sure you should be promoting them to be honest? Quote was for 4 bed house, buildings only, 2 adults and 2 children. Nothing that out of the ordinary.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,477Posts Today

5,636Users online

Martin's Twitter