Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bauk
    Complete Electric Rewiring 3 bedroom house
    • 17th Jun 08, 9:15 AM
    Complete Electric Rewiring 3 bedroom house 17th Jun 08 at 9:15 AM
    Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of getting some major building work done for my house and I have found out that my electrics are old. I'm in the process of getting some quotes to find out how much it will cost but would like to also find out here how much it will cost. Currently the house is pretty much gutted and all plastering will be done after the electrical work. All floorboards are currently exposed as well so running cables should be much easier I would imagine.

I would like to get my 3 bedroom house completely rewired. However the kitchen extension will be excluded because this was part of the main building work.

To summarise then the following is required:
    21 Double Sockets (Inc double socket for immersion heater)
    1 Single Socket (1st floor Hallway)
    4 TV/HDMI Socket (Reception 1/2, Large Bedroom 1/2)
    6 Spotlights (Reception 2)
    7 Single Lights
    6 1way Light Switch
    2 2way Light Switch
    1 Bathroom Light circuit including shaving socket provisioning
    1 Consumer Unit
    1 Certificate

Options:
    1 Armored Cable approx 20m to the back of the garden.

I live in South London... Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to get this work done for 1) standard fittings 2) chrome fittings 3) no fittings - supplied by customer?

Currently I am being quoted 2600-2800 and 3800! for standard fittings exc the armored cable in the garden.

Many Thanks,
    BAUK
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,578Posts Today

6,598Users online

Martin's Twitter