Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 25
    • badger09
    • By badger09 21st May 17, 10:24 AM
    • 5,112 Posts
    • 4,325 Thanks
    badger09
    Read in the press that Ford Money are launching 2 regular saving online products tomorrow 22/5/17 with a 4% interest rate. One is a regular saver account for 12 months maximum contribution £250/month and the other is a regular saver cash ISA with similar raters. This is a welcome upward change in regular saving products and is likely to be subscribed to quickly.
    Originally posted by where are we

I depth discussion here

post 5444 onwards

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=608697&page=273
    • dekkard
    • By dekkard 22nd May 17, 7:56 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dekkard
    And the new Ford Money Regular Saver is now unavailable having been available earlier today after its launch.

Excess demand presumably ?
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 22nd May 17, 8:15 PM
    • 2,000 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    And the new Ford Money Regular Saver is now unavailable having been available earlier today after its launch.

Originally posted by dekkard
    It wouldn't surprise me if their IT are performing a fix such that only one per customer can be opened as per the T&Cs and that the product will then be (re)launched.
    Last edited by veryintrigued; 22-05-2017 at 8:17 PM.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 23rd May 17, 12:08 AM
    • 1,640 Posts
    • 1,955 Thanks
    EachPenny
    It wouldn't surprise me if their IT are performing a fix such that only one per customer can be opened as per the revised T&Cs and that the product will then be (re)launched.
    Originally posted by veryintrigued
    Fixed the typo for you.

I suspect they may have reached the target number of accounts and don't want any more deposits, or else need some time to catch up with the vast number of applications such a popular account has generated.

The T&C's make it clear this is an issue based product, so if this one has sold out we can probably expect another issue to be released in due course.
    Last edited by EachPenny; 23-05-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • dekkard
    • By dekkard 23rd May 17, 11:20 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dekkard

Ford Money have said: "At present we are unable to say for certain if this product will be available again."
    • dekkard
    • By dekkard 13th Jun 17, 7:47 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dekkard
    Ford Money have said: "At present we are unable to say for certain if this product will be available again."
    Ford have now removed their Regular Savers pages from their website altogether. Looks like they won't be offering them again for a while (if ever)?
    • iamsam
    • By iamsam 13th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    iamsam
    From today Nationwide seem to have revised their regular saving offering to halve the monthly contribution level (£500 to £250/month):
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/flexclusive-regular-saver/features-and-benefits
    • Jo Blogs
    • By Jo Blogs 13th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 750 Posts
    • 2,573 Thanks
    Jo Blogs
    Virgin Money - Regular E-saver Issue 6 - New as of today!
    Virgin Money - Regular E-saver Issue 6 - New as of today!

Replacing Issue 5

Regular E-Saver Issue 6 £250 pm 2.25% fixed rate - Interest paid Monthly or Annually

There's also a parallel Store version for those who can easily get to one. (Issue 5) Interest paid Annually

Here's the link: [Easy Access]

http://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/find/results/#all
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Aug] £58.44 for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 July NSDs 19/15CCCChl 7/12 months
    July PPChl#002 Pts 71
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 17, 2:24 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    From today Nationwide seem to have revised their regular saving offering to halve the monthly contribution level (£500 to £250/month):
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/flexclusive-regular-saver/features-and-benefits
    Originally posted by iamsam
    This is a really odd freeky coincidence.

On my calendar today I noticed a reminder for July 15th which said open a new Flexclusive regular saver - my old one must have matured July 15th 2016 so I put the reminder on the calendar as it had to be 12 months between an old account closing and a new one opening.

So I went through and it allowed me to open
    Flexclusive regular saver 2
    I was a bit confused when it only allowed me to put in £250 a month but at least it allowed me to do it even though its July 13th.
    I will know in a few days time if it has been successfully opened and not rejected.
    In the meantime I've adjusted all of the relevant calendars and forward projections excels.

I've also done various search's and I now cant find any reference to there being a 12 month gap between an old account maturing and a new account opening. Perhaps I was told this over the phone? Or the rules have changed?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 17, 2:30 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Originally posted by iamsam
    My OHs Nationwide regular saver matures in January and he is paying in the full £500 - I wonder will we get an email about reducing the maximum or will he be allowed to continue at £500 ???

Also my son opened one a few weeks ago but only with £1 - just started back into work - once his wages settle he really needs to be saving as much as he could, ideally as close to the full £500 a month - £250 is not going to be enough for his future plans
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 13th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 105,929 Thanks
    karlie88
    This is a really odd freeky coincidence.

On my calendar today I noticed a reminder for July 15th which said open a new Flexclusive regular saver - my old one must have matured July 15th 2016 so I put the reminder on the calendar as it had to be 12 months between an old account closing and a new one opening.

I've also done various search's and I now cant find any reference to there being a 12 month gap between an old account maturing and a new account opening. Perhaps I was told this over the phone? Or the rules have changed?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Providing you had an eligible NW current account in July 2016, you could have opened another 5% regular saver the same day. There's never been a '12 month gap' term imposed with their 5% regular saver. I think you're getting confused with their 5% FlexDirect current account, which does have this term.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 13th Jul 17, 2:39 PM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 105,929 Thanks
    karlie88
    My OHs Nationwide regular saver matures in January and he is paying in the full £500 - I wonder will we get an email about reducing the maximum or will he be allowed to continue at £500 ???

Also my son opened one a few weeks ago but only with £1 - just started back into work - once his wages settle he really needs to be saving as much as he could, ideally as close to the full £500 a month - £250 is not going to be enough for his future plans
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Your OH and son would've opened a Flexclusive Regular Saver. NW's new account is labelled Flexclusive Regular Saver 2. They can continue to deposit £500.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • jennyjj
    • By jennyjj 21st Jul 17, 9:27 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    jennyjj
    Your OH and son would've opened a Flexclusive Regular Saver. NW's new account is labelled Flexclusive Regular Saver 2. They can continue to deposit £500.
    Originally posted by karlie88
    and it seems the new 250 limit was introduced
    "For Flexclusive Regular Saver accounts opened from 13 July 2017."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,280Users online

Martin's Twitter